Lock On 1.1 is excellent

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

Lock On 1.1 is excellent

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I played this for the first time yesterday and I have to say that I am very impressed. Lots of new features and most of the annoying bugs from the original release have been fixed. The flight models seem to be more accurate and even the cockpits and HUD's have been enhanced. I strongly recommend this as a buy.

Oh, and the multiplayer seems to be rock solid.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

It seems to run faster, too.
The Jedi Master
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Jedi Master wrote:It seems to run faster, too.

Several people on SimHQ including Thomas DW have also mentioned the performance improvement.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

how about the a2a radar issues, enemy ai advantages, etc.?
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote:how about the a2a radar issues, enemy ai advantages, etc.?

I've flown the F-15 briefly but as far as I can tell, the AMRAAMS behave more realistically. The "burn-through" range for ECM on all aircraft in the game is now between 10-15 miles. While that may not be realistic, at least that means the Russians no longer have the dreaded UBER ecm from the previous version. I honestly cant see any ai advantages or cheats up to now but I need to play the game a bit more before I can give a definitive opinion.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Is 1.1 a mod or a patch that I can download...or is something I have to buy? frankly I'm not really interested in putting more money into this franchise.
Gator

Post by Gator »

Just ask yourself: "What would softball do?"

;)

Seriously, I'll probably try to order it this week. I didn't want to actually pre-order it unseen. Recommendations from colleagues goes a long way for me.

If softball prefers, we could call this condition of buying many games "gatoring" as it sounds less wierd than "softballing" ...
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Grifter wrote:Is 1.1 a mod or a patch that I can download...or is something I have to buy? frankly I'm not really interested in putting more money into this franchise.

You can get it one of two ways but neither is free. You can either pay for a download version from lockon.ru or you can order the full retail version which you get via mail from naturalpoint.com.
Gator

Post by Gator »

is the download option still available? I looked a couple weeks ago and the links went in circles and I couldn't find an actual way to order it. I'd prefer that method, but will probably order the cd version if I can't find the DL version.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Have to say, I always liked the 'immersion' offered by flying LOMAC. But was seriously put-off by the Agent Smith AI abilities. It will have to have something special to tear me away from Falcon4.0 AF, and of course our latest incarnation of Cobra1.1.1. I'll take a wait-out on that for a while. Maybe until I get totally bored or frustrated with everything else? :roll:
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

KODIAK wrote:Have to say, I always liked the 'immersion' offered by flying LOMAC. But was seriously put-off by the Agent Smith AI abilities. It will have to have something special to tear me away from Falcon4.0 AF, and of course our latest incarnation of Cobra1.1.1. I'll take a wait-out on that for a while. Maybe until I get totally bored or frustrated with everything else? :roll:

Hey Kodiak. Thank you so much for your offer in helping me with the Falcon install but I think I am going to wait on Falcon until I buy AF. Then I plan to seriously get into it.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Panz, I sure can relate to that. No probs mate - see you in AF then. 8)
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

KODIAK wrote:Panz, I sure can relate to that. No probs mate - see you in AF then. 8)

It's getting crazy. I now have 4 Flight sims installed on my PC. Too many games, not enough time. Sigh.
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

The DL version I find inferior to the CD version thanks to Starforce. There's an install limit on it, but not on the CD version. It also works 10x better than the SF on Splinter Cell 3, which only works for me like 1/3 of the time I click on the icon. :evil: :x
The Jedi Master
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

I'd rather have the CD version myself, at least you have it to hand, not relying on them sending you a copy if your's gets lost.
Gator

Post by Gator »

I got my Flaming Cliffs CD in the mail today - installing it now. Yipee.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Gator wrote:I got my Flaming Cliffs CD in the mail today - installing it now. Yipee.

Awesome. If no one shows up for FTF on Thursday, do you want to try Lock On? Jedi should be able to make it as well.
Gator

Post by Gator »

Sure, Thursday is a good night for me since I have friday off this week -- gotta love 3-day work weeks, eh? The FtFers are usually later anyway (Steel/Softball).
Softball

Post by Softball »

I ordered LO:FC 1.1 over the weekend, should get it by Thursday. 8)

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Softball wrote:I ordered LO:FC 1.1 over the weekend, should get it by Thursday. 8)
Sweet. I look forward to us flying this soon.