**drool** KA-50 screenshots

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

**drool** KA-50 screenshots

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Check out these cockpit screenshots from the upcoming KA-50 add-on to Lock On Flaming Cliffs.

http://forum.sukhoi.ru/attachment.php?a ... ntid=44763

http://forum.sukhoi.ru/attachment.php?a ... ntid=44764

and here is some info from Ubisoft:

Here is the following portion of information, Text from the advertising leaf: "game" Lock- On: Black shark "continues a series of the game- aviation simulators, developed on basis" Lock- On: Contemporary combat aviation ".

In contrast to the predecessors, in the new game it is proposed to govern not only aircraft, but also the newest domestic combat helicopter - KA -50.

As became traditional for the games of series LockOn, the simulation of the new object of control, helicopter KA -50, is executed with the degree of realism unprecedented for the computer games.

Here, first of all, it involves: detailed 3D model, aerodynamics of flight, physical model and the model of destruction. One of the main innovations of the game is the detailed clickable 3D model of the KA -50's cockpit, with complete support of the system of remote camera control TrackIR 3 pro.

Interesting innovations appeared also in the simulation of navigation system, and also system of control of armament.
In addition to the existing in "LockOn: Hot cliffs " system Of shkval/Vikhr', is in detail modelled onboard radio-technical integrated system" Abriz ", with the navigation cartographic system.
Among the innovations in the simulation of avionics is also the system of night vision OVN-Y "Skosok".

Significant attention is given to the dynamics of the missile flight and AI aircraft. The characteristics of the AI aircraft are completely brought into correspondence with the player-controlled aircraft, which makes the simulation of air battle even more realistic.

The combat theater, represented by the coast of the Crimea and Caucasus, underwent further improvements, the set of new military targets appeared.

Play aspect, besides control of aircraft and helicopter, is represented by the large number of missions and campaigns, accompanied by the impressive videotapes.

Game "LockOn: Black shark ", works independently, but also includes the possibility of working with the game LockOn: Hot cliffs, and is its further development.

Thus, the most essential innovations: • the unprecedented for the computer games realism of the simulation of the Russian combat helicopter KA -50, equipped with the unique complex of anti-tank weapon "shkval"/"Vikhr'" and with another high-precision weapon of class "air-surface". • the improved dynamics of the AI aircraft, bombs and missiles, • fully clickable 3D cockpit with support for TrackIR 3 Pro • onboard radio-technical, integrated system "kabriz" and the system of the night vision of 0VN-"Skosok". • the collection of missions and a large scale military campaign for the pilots of the KA-50. • the detailed course of the interactive instruction of the combat employment of a helicopter KA -50, equipped with the vocal tracking of instructor pilot • the set of the new military targets: block signal posts, military storages, the fastened points, and so forth • the gripping videotapes, developed on the basis the graphic engine of game. The output of game is planned on March 2006."
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Wasn't an attack helo mod the intended first mod to LO-MAC, way back last year or the year before that sometime? Then it got scrapped for some reason . . . . . . :shock:
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

It was never scrapped, only delayed! :)
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

obviously... :)

this i might get...i love combat helo sims.

how is lock on progressing anyway? radars looking any better? damage modeling (amount of damage)? western aircraft?
Helmut
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

With 1.1, the Su-25T is a whole new plane almost making it a new sim. The new AFM was applied retroactively to the Su-25 as well. Taking off with them is about 3 x harder than the others and landing these jets is 10x harder!
The Russian jets received more representative radars (not better, just more accurate). Damage modeling seems to have improved across the board as planes seem to receive more specific damage now.

There is a 1.11 patch coming out that will address some specific minor things, but nothing noteworthy that I can recall.

The Ka-50 will be 1.2 (payware, of course).

Think of 1.1 as an almost F4-level sim of the Su-25 and 25T (WRT modeling the plane itself), with the bonus of being able to fly 4 other jets. The campaign and such is unchanged.
If you were disappointed by LOMAC, 1.1 likely won't change your mind unless you REALLY care about the Frogfoot. If you enjoyed LOMAC, you will enjoy 1.1 more, even if you never fly the 25/25T as all other planes were improved to one degree or another.

The point to remember (and I can tell from the posts on SimHQ that few people there seem to) is that ED is a Russian developer, developing products for the Russian market now that Ubi let them down. As such, they're not doing much with Western planes for this iteration of LOMAC. A sequel, which is in development but naturally can't be called LOMAC 2, may have other Western jets or model the existing ones with higher fidelity. LOMAC, however, most likely will not get this.
The Jedi Master
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I personally don't understand the persistent demand for "Western" planes when you consider that the PC flight sim market has been dominated by Western aircraft for so long. I for one find it utterly refreshing and a nice change of pace to get to fly these Russian jets. The A-10 and F-15 are great planes and I fly them often but I bought LOMAC because of the Russian planes. It's also a great learning experience getting to use different weapons systems, reading different dials and using unique Russian hardware like the Fantasmagoria targeting pod.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

it is easy to understand... head to head as a group, as in adversarial coop. ;)
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote:it is easy to understand... head to head as a group, as in adversarial coop. ;)
OOOH! OOOH! As Bugs Bunny would say "of course you know this means war". I would love to do head-to-head Russian vs. Nato missions! Anyone else interested?
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

More pics of the KA-50 anyone drooling yet?

Last edited by PanzerMeyer on 22 Aug 2005, 15:51, edited 2 times in total.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

edit
Softball

Post by Softball »

Looks good so far. I wonder if they will have an American counterpart addon down the road, like the Apache Longbow "D"?

It baffles me that they will have a fully clickable cockpit for this helo sim, and not for the planes. I mean WTF!? :roll:

I also love helo combat sims, so I will be looking forward to this one.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Softball wrote:Looks good so far. I wonder if they will have an American counterpart addon down the road, like the Apache Longbow "D"?

e.
That would certainly be nice but I doubt it. You have to keep in mind that ever since Ubisoft ditched Eagle Dynamics, they no longer have any real incentive to cater their games to the Western market. ED pretty much makes their games now with the Russian/Eastern European market in mind.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Yes, I can understand the bias towards Russian/Eastern European aircraft, maybe they'll be more sympathetic when they discover we Brits use the Longbow D too. :lol:
But isn't that a lovely looking helo?! And as far as the clickable cockpit thing is concerned, I can understand that - it's likely because it's a slow mover, don't you think?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

no i think it is otherwise, more likely because it is a further development of the game's capabilities. it would be a lot of rework to go back and redo all the existing stuff...although it would be nice and bring it up a notch for competing with Falcon.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Now, that has to be said - a clickable cockpit for the existing aircraft would certainly make it a contender with Falcon in that department, especially with the cockpit being 3D already, and TrackIR compatible.
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

My guess is a primary reason the game didn't have a clickable cockpit was it's based on an engine designed for one plane--the Su-27. That plane has a 60's cockpit, and as such doesn't need that capability. Only with the addition of the 2 Western jets did it become something that was useable, but by then it would've been a major hassle to implement (more time and money needed than they had).

Something tells me we'll not see that feature put back into them, either, because of similar constraints.
The Jedi Master