not flyable...

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

not flyable...

Post by Hammer »

at least not for combat.

i have horrible pitch oscillations. can not keep the pipper on a target. i have tried the fixes i could find.

any ideas?
Helmut
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Which plane are you experiencing this in? The Su-25's AFM does require mega-trimming or use of the AP to maintain stable flight. The other planes should not.
You can go into the controls options and tailor the response curves for the flight control axes, if necessary. You can adjust the dead zone too, and get a graphical representation of how it will affect things as well as test it out.
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

a10 for starters.

check here for what i have tried:

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=10356

I have tried all the stupid suggestions in the ubi thread on this as well - not sure where people get these ideas...

no other game is like this, just this pile... and folks have been complaining about it since it was released, no fix that i can find. somethings seem to make it a little better, but it is never truly fixed.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'm sorry to hear that Steel. All I use is a lowly Saitek EVO stick and it works great with this game. I did however slightly modify the response curves in order to accomodate the AFM of the SU-25 and SU-25T.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

It sounds like your stick is too responsive around the center, where you get too much control deflection for very little stick motion?

Those curves and such can make a MASSIVE difference. I have the same stick as you and it's easier for me to fly LOMAC than Il-2, although of course not as easy as F4 with its FBW.

Just had a look in the LOMAC directory...it seems each controller you configure gets an .ini, including sticks, kb, and mouse. I could post my .ini for the stick and you could drop it in the Input subdirectory and see how it works for you. Can't be worse than what you have now I'd guess.

Here's the link http://home.cfl.rr.com/jedisjunk/StickWorksSWF22.ini
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

damn...NO!

it works just fine everywhere else! i added dead zones and adjusted the response curves, removed dead zones - i have spent 3 full hours troubleshooting this. the damn thing wobbles in pitch - up and down, from just trying to make a small adjustment. if it was my stick, it would do the same for yaw.

there are posts and complaints all over the web - just do a search for

lomac pitch oscillation

i will look at your ini file though. thx.
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

I have the same issue as you Steel, pitch oscillation is too much. I will have to try the Dead space thing for my HOTAS. I have a Top Gun Afterburner II HOTAS and I get the pitch oscillations that you describe. Lomac is the only sim that does this, so I am certain it's going to take some fiddling with the game settings / ini file.

I remember USAF did this as well, but they did fix it with some patches if I remember right.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

corredct - they did fix it in USAF.

i tried another joystick last night as well and still have the issue, as well as the f-15c and su-25.

guess i will not be flying this game. i am just ticked that i bought it now.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

I feel the same way about SH III mate. :shock: :evil:
Gator

Post by Gator »

When I first installed Lomac 1.1, I had the same trouble with my cougar. adjusting the response curves (in the LOMAC controllers section -- had to make them very flat) helped immensly. I was all over the place in the beginning.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel, any luck in getting Lock On to work with your HOTAS or is it pretty much fruitless? Sorry about all the problems you've had. Jedi and I were really looking forward to flying this with you. Oh well...at least we have Falcon. :lol:
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

no luck really. it has frustrated me so much that i pretty much have given up on it. i have spent far too much time on it already. maybe i will get the bug and play around with it some more...
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

I've seen that before too, the pitching oscillations, but couldn't for the life of me tell you how or why it went away again. But I lost interest in LOMAC eventually anyway, and once the Flaming Cliffs mod came out. I dropped it, because anyone who was playing was using that mod usually.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05