More pics of the beautiful upcoming KA-50 (Blackshark)

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

More pics of the beautiful upcoming KA-50 (Blackshark)

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Very nice looking! Wonder how the FM will translate. You know I suppose I could be tempted one more time. . . . :roll:
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

KODIAK wrote:Very nice looking! Wonder how the FM will translate. You know I suppose I could be tempted one more time. . . . :roll:
Flight model is going to be as accurate and high-fidelity as possible. It will be based on actual Russian test data and values.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

The 50 will get the same AFM as the 25/25T got. It might finally surpass LB2 as the most accurate representation of flying a helo. The avionics are of course still less advanced than the AH-64, but FM wise it should be fun to fly.

I remember I got my rudder pedals specifically for DI's Hind. Unlike the 64 in LB, there was no auto rudder. So when you took off, as soon as you left the ground you started yawing around. I had to stand on the pedals to keep it straight at high power/low speed. :shock:
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

something that may push my video card! that thing looks very sweet...

i hope they actually add us helo's too...
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

What you using for a card at the mo Steel? Cos I wonder if my 6800 Ultra will hack it too. And what's the deal wit that mod? Is it additional to, and costing money or is it to be incorporated into the next version of FC or what? I'm thinking, I would be able to mess around in the helo while everyone else is doing their A-10/SU-25 thing or whatever, but still be flying together so to speak. Not to mention a decent environment for making best use of my TrackIR too.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

It will be LOMAC 1.2, an addon that you pay for.
Think Il-2:FB = LOMAC, AEP = FC, PF = 1.2/BS.
It will integrate and let you fly missions with helos and jets.
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

7800gt
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Well that puts me a whole gen behind with my 6800 ultra, AND it's AGP not PCI-E. Am on a temporary upgrade to AMD64FX soon, but remaining with AGP for a bit yet. It might end up being sooner than I thought now.