MechWarrior 2

Discuss any Battletech or Mechwarrior games/mods.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker939

Re: MechWarrior 2

Post by Falker939 »

<S>
Modify my post and see if I care - We're in the pipe 5 by 5
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Falker939 wrote:
09 Mar 2022, 04:31
Warcry is showing off again.
I thought we was friends Falker??? lol
How are you guys?

-Warcry
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Hi Warcry, good to see you. Doing ok up here in the great white north. How are you holding up?
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Oh for crying out loud! We will always be friends.. :)
I still recall playing the Decent PC Game with you about 30 f-ing years ago, lmao. That was fun!

I moved back to Florida in 2020 - but it’s too dang hot and muggy during the summertime. . Thinking about moving to Arkansas… I love the California coastline. Big Sur all the way! You still surfing..?

Happy New Year

Peace

PDT_Armataz_01_40
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Update:

BlackHawk found his long lost password and is getting back into Guild Wars
Fethrhorse is getting ready to install MechWarrior again
Mincemeat is still around
..and I just bought Battletech on sale today for only $10 Bucks. What’s good about that, is that if I ever get used to playing with those ugly mechs – I might buy MechWarrior-5 again.

<S>
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Well I didn’t care for Battletech because it’s nothing like Mech Commander – to me it’s too involving with a drawn out game-play that will 'automatically put the game on hold during battle. It’s all about tactics.. much like playing chess or Battleship.. Your Turn- move here to fire over there ‘ Miss - okay automatic pause - it’s the Enemies Turn , Hit Hit! Okay - It’s Your Turn again… Fire Miss…. Enemies Turn - Hit Hit ! You Sunk My Battle Ship!! It’s Like putting the game on pause every time you make a move in order to micromanage every single step during the heat of battle - and I’m not happy about that at all. . Plus I gather when your Mechs can be down for repairs for several days when they get an arm or leg blown off.. So that’s the gist of what I think about it , I decided not to continue because it’s just not for me.

In Mech Commander, you could load up your Mechs - pick your best pilots and drop for some ‘ uninterrupted battle action to Kick Ass! Although BattleTech is nothing like that at all.. I don’t like the mechanics of the game , the key bindings or the way it’s laid out. To Sum it up – this game is not fun for me at all , it’s more frustrating than it should be, and I’m not going to spend another minute playing it.

I’d rather play Mech Commander 2 all over again

<S>
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bronurstomp wrote:
19 Dec 2022, 02:35
Hi Warcry, good to see you. Doing ok up here in the great white north. How are you holding up?
Not ideal but it can always be worse. :) Joined a company 6 months ago and management decided to change the electronic system design a 4th time. The 4th time renders me obsolete. They also laid off 27 people at the tail end of last year. So, I'm back job hunting. Then again many companies did layoffs this year.
Last edited by Warcry on 26 Jan 2023, 15:19, edited 2 times in total.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Falker939 wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 16:52
Well I didn’t care for Battletech because it’s nothing like Mech Commander – to me it’s too involving with a drawn out game-play that will 'automatically put the game on hold during battle. It’s all about tactics.. much like playing chess or Battleship.. Your Turn- move here to fire over there ‘ Miss - okay automatic pause - it’s the Enemies Turn , Hit Hit! Okay - It’s Your Turn again… Fire Miss…. Enemies Turn - Hit Hit ! You Sunk My Battle Ship!! It’s Like putting the game on pause every time you make a move in order to micromanage every single step during the heat of battle - and I’m not happy about that at all. . Plus I gather when your Mechs can be down for repairs for several days when they get an arm or leg blown off.. So that’s the gist of what I think about it , I decided not to continue because it’s just not for me.

In Mech Commander, you could load up your Mechs - pick your best pilots and drop for some ‘ uninterrupted battle action to Kick Ass! Although BattleTech is nothing like that at all.. I don’t like the mechanics of the game , the key bindings or the way it’s laid out. To Sum it up – this game is not fun for me at all , it’s more frustrating than it should be, and I’m not going to spend another minute playing it.

I’d rather play Mech Commander 2 all over again

<S>
Yeah, Battletech was so slow! It was also easy to win with just missiles. I had to see it through though since I already paid for it.