DCS: MiG-21Bis coming

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hudson

DCS: MiG-21Bis coming

Post by Hudson »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/31696 ... 1_5_9__205

Should be released via the ED website a bit sooner than the Steam release date.
PanzerMeyer

Re: DCS: MiG-21Bis coming

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'll buy it.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Me too. Waiting for it to show up in the ED store. Probably still a couple weeks, but by Oct for sure it would seem.
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Sept 18th. release date for non-Steam
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Save 10% if you pre-purchase.
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Ok, the Nuke is pretty trivial to fire as it turns out. The thing that sucks is the weapon release button has a cover you need to flip too. There's dials for A-G/A-A, Missile vs. Bomb, Gun vs. Everthing else, Arm weapons, Arm gun, and junk all over that you have to flip to get the thing ready for what you want to fire. It's pretty insane. The Kh-66 Grom is pretty cool to fire. You point it at a target, lock, and fire. No gun ammo like any Russian aircraft we know and love, but I don't find strafing to be very hard or take much to kill soft/medium targets.

Beware with this thing you can rip weapons off the wings with high G maneuvers. It's pretty crazy. You go to fire and just realize your missiles and bombs are gone.

Not too hard to take off. Not too hard to land.

Taxiing requires applying the breaks and using differential breaking. Pedals/x-z/twist not only control the rudder but which break the pressurized air is applied to when the break is applied as well.

There's also a nose wheel break you disengage for taxiing, engage for landing/takeoff, emergency breaks for landing with damage breaks or breaking if your pressurized air is gone.

Gear has up/down/neutral positions. Put it in neutral or bleed our all your pressurized air.

This thing is just an insane mash of buttons. I still don't know why the engine dies on me. I imagine there is more engine management I have yet to learn that will explain that in time.

Overall, very fun. Very tedious though. Lots and lots and lots of switches and buttons.

Flying Rube Goldberg machine.