ship sale.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

BlackHawk*K

ship sale.

Post by BlackHawk*K »

limited ships for sale in the CIG store.

Super Hornet
M50
Mustang Delta
the 350r
the Hull series.
and many more.

if you were looking for an upgrade but the ship you wanted wasnt available, right now would be a good time.
im not sure how long this sale will last, but it should be up for a few days.

hope everyone has a great Christmas!
Hammer

Re: ship sale.

Post by Hammer »

BH,
how is the Warlock going to work? will it fire an emp warhead (like a torpedo) or does the blast emanate from the ship itself (ala Interdictor)?

does it also have the normal loadout of the Avenger?

i still do not know if I want LTI on my Avenger or 315P.

can you CCU to any of these ships on sale? i.e. from the Mustangs? if you do, do you get the insurance that is on these ships on sale?
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

also, have you rented or gone up against the Reliant Tana at all? Interesting ship as well.

i am considering the Reliant Sen and/or Tana, instead of the 315P.
Helmut
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

the warlock's EMP comes from the ship itself. it has little to no cargo capacity because the EMP generator is where the cargo area would normally be. but, with that being said, the Avenger ship series is supposed to be modular in the future. so you should have the ability to remove the EMP equipment and make it like the cargo hauler version. the same applies for the Stalker variant you have now. i guess the EMP is supposed to be working in 2.0 but i dont have a any experience with it myself. so not sure how it works yet. here is a video of a guy using it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86S9c2oovW0 from what i understand though, i can temporarily shut down your own ship as well. i think if you turn off systems before it goes. it may not effect your own ship. still thats about all i know about it.

about CCU.

yes, you should be able to CCU to any of the ships on sale. but you will only get the insurance and package from the ship you CCUed from. the only way to get the insurance and package stuff from the new ship is to melt and purchase. for example. if you CCU your mustang omega to a 315p, you will still only have the insurance and stuff that came with your mustang omega. in fact, the picture in your 'my hanger' area will show a mustang omega. but it will be noted that it was upgraded to 315p.

the Reliants are not hanger or flight ready right now. supposedly they will be in hanger soon. but who knows what SOON means lol. usually it means they will be there when they are done with it. it sounds like its very close to being hanger ready though. i picked up a KORE when it was in concept sale awhile back. im hoping the upgrade options will be available in game though. im really interested in this ship when it becomes playable.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i kinda like them, decisions.

315P or Reliant Sen

Mustang Delta or Reliant Tana or Avenger

then what to have lti on? whatever i upgrade my Mustangs to will have only 2 mos insurance.
Helmut
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I would imagine the biggest, bestest outfitted PDT_Armataz_01_14 ships will be prized early on, and harder to get for a while once it does go live.

What I need to do is figure out my role PDT_Armataz_01_11
I'm kinda hoping there's enough role play, but even having said that, good equipment will be important. But if I knew where I was going to concentrate my efforts, that is where I would lean towards ship purchases.
If I knew sometimes all I can do is haul cargo, or mine, in order to be able to afford to keep my little part of the PU active, I 'd have that type of capability. If I knew I could just take missions and blast enemy then I would want that too. I imagine it could be both.
Incidentally, what are the ramifications to running the PTU right now? Will new ship purchases be available there? Will I need to uninstall 2.0?
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

no, the PTU and the live version installs in 2 locations. they dont interfere with each other. the only downside is for running the PTU is the extra disk space. and maybe control settings. you may have to export them from the live folder and import it into the PTU folder. ( note there are server side frame rate issues in the current build of the PTU.)

yea the roles are a big deal to me too. but i went into this under the premise im going to be mainly exploring, i love the idea discovering new areas or things to see. that may end up being my main focus at the start. but who knows what i will fall into later?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

OK - did it.

from Avenger Stalker to 315P (w/lti)
from Mustang Omega to MISC Reliant Tana
from Mustang Gamma to Mustang Delta
Helmut
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I see in the hanger a Superhornet replaced my Hull_B.
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

and isnt it pretty? all those pointy things that shoot thingies.

im currently working right now. and for some reason, my fingers are cramping to beat hell. so i havnt been doing much online. getting old sucks!

on a side note, PTU version E came out today, i didnt get a chance to see what they broke in that one yet, but i do know that version D worked very very well. i was able to play for 3 hours before i finally had a crash!

i will try to download it and check out E and see how it is. hopefully it will be hitting the live server soon and it will be stable as hell. ( fingers crossed.)
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Ok I don't know if you guys have seen the star map yet, but this thing is awesome!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/star ... 0.0479,0,0

even the jump gates are clickable!

Bron
PDT_Armataz_01_37
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

Alpha 2.1 is now available to the public.

start your downloads gentlemen! 3,2,1 go!

you can find the patch notes here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... -Alpha-210
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

Is it much different than the test server? Any reason to switch back over, or just keep playing on the PTU?
BlackHawk*K

Post by BlackHawk*K »

well usually when they go live with a build they shut down the PTU test server.

now with that being said. to save download times, i have heard of people transferring files over from the PTU to the live folder, so it just updates what little is needed. but to be honest, i have never bothered with that.

i did get it downloaded, but i havnt played it at all. i have had a major flu bug this last week and since i need to keep making money i have been working as well. so its really kicking my ass lol. hopefully i can get on top of it this weekend. if i get to feeling better i will check in on the TS server and see if anyone is playing.
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I upgraded my download speed so now I get 180mb/sec DL speed. The public server crashed on me last night in a vanduul swarm match. I was doing pretty good, until I ran into an asteroid that appeared out of nowhere. Respawned ok, but then the targeting went beserk, and eventually crashed.
I'll try the new mission today before the patriots game.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i flew the takeoff training mission last night. not bad, my warthog profile definitely needs additions/updating.

seems trackir does NOT work?
Helmut
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I tried to do the '"evidence" mission, but when I got to the station where it said "evidence", every time I tried to get close to it, my rear shield would et damaged and when I turned around to see what was hitting me, all I saw was another hornet flying around. So a griever I suppose. Anyway, I was never able to get close enough to the station to retrieve the "evidence", so I'm not sure what it was. I quantum traveled to the planet that was supposedly populated with pirates, but never founf any, and once I got inside the asteroid field and tried to get close to the planet, I got caught in the gravity field and eventually my ship exploded. So that was kinda cool.
Once I respawned and tried to continue the mission, but couldn't find it again, so I went to bed.