I missed you MAN!!!!!

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

daofcmacg

I missed you MAN!!!!!

Post by daofcmacg »

Holy FRAKK! You guys are still around. I missed you guys. WoW! WoW! WoW! I am lost for words. :cheers:

Yes I am still alive and I just started playing Star Citizen (if I would have stayed active with you guys I would already be playing it). Look me up DiabloReaper. I am running the Cutlass and the 325A, can't wait for the upgrade in 3.5.
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
Grifter

Re: I missed you MAN!!!!!

Post by Grifter »

Hey DA!

Yeah, not a lot of activity on the forums these days. Would like to see that change. But, we're still kicking around. Most of are flying flight sims still. But, I have SC and I'm just waiting until it becomes more of a polished game before I invest any real time in it. I'll let you know when I eventually log onto it. In the meantime, have fun man and glad to see you're still kicking around. We fly IL2 and DCS mainly.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

DA?!? Holy crap! Good to hear from you. Most of us that have SC are waiting for it to become a bit more playable.
Helmut
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

Well then 3.5 is for you guys. The flight model will change and become more realistic, plus several ships will be reworked and a new planet ArcCorp will be added so that will be fun. Also checkout https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/SSOM. I work with them within SC and I hope you guys will come and check out the game and look at the crew that has accepted me into their world.

Love you guys.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Hey DA!

We've been flying DCS and IL2. Right now some of us are doing a deep dive on the new Navy fighters in DCS. But, I will take a look at the link you posted and check out 3.5. My guess is that it's still a ways off. I mean the game isn't even in Beta yet, right?
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

This is true its not in Beta yet but you might want to consider playing now or at least buy some of the larger ships with Life Time Insurance - LTI. Reason why is once the game goes Beta you will not be able to purchase ships from the website only in game. And if you have seen some of the prices on the website I am sure you are like nope to expensive but when you look at price in game versus the website then factor in that 20K in AUEE credits cost $20 and in game to buy a Constellation class ship is about 1.2 Million AUEE credits you can see how much cheaper it is to purchase a ship.

Wait they have Naval Aircraft now, so does that mean Carrier Operations are going on? Shit I wonder if I still have the A-10 I bought eons ago?
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

I still have the Warthog! YES!
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

many of us already have one or more ships for SC. it is just not worth putting time into it yet.

yes, there are carrier operations in DCS. it still needs work, but in general it is working fairly well.

a few of us recently bought Elite Dangerous if we want to give space sims a try as well - it was on sale for $10.49. I do not think anyone has installed it though.
Helmut
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

Good Afternoon Gentlemen & Ladies (if any will be reading this),

I wanted to officially invite you guys to check out SSOM https://discord.gg/. We are recruiting and have several spots open on our Kraken Carrier and several other ships (but I am the XO on the Kraken so stick with me). We have a shit ton of big plans for our little piece of the Verse and I would like you guys to be apart of it.
Softball

Post by Softball »

DA, dude!!! You playing Division 2 by chance? (Im guessing not and your hands are full with SC). I had some issues getting SC to run on my computer when I first built it. Maybe things have improved? I'll have to check it out. Good to hear from you man.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

SOFTBALL MY HERO! DIVISION 2??? Nope I guess I have to check that out. When was the last time you tried SC? Yes I am heavily invested in SC (Concierge level invested). New and exciting things are happening now in SC, BTW I left the ORG I was with to follow my Captain. Trust me SC is stable enough to fly but you will run into issues and "Features" but its worth the time. From what I am seeing a new solar system will be added by Mid to late 2020 around the time Squadron 42 comes out. I highly recommend if you plan on putting some flight hours in you should get in now and put yourselves in the position to have a quality fleet of ships. 3.6 will add some great features like component degradation and the first capital ship will be introduced 890 Jump (not my favorite at all but the first CAP will be in game). No the Hammer Head is not Cap level. Guys just look at what their plans are for this game and you will be pleasantly surprised.

FYI Elite Dangerous from the video's I've seen is more Wing Commander graphics wise compared to Star Citizen. Always remember Release the Krakken!

Softball hurry up and install it so I can give you a tour of my ships.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

DA,
How is mapping controls in SC nowadays. When I tried it (well over a year ago) it was all jacked up and confusing. Is it simple like DCS or Falcon or IL2, or do they still feel a need to have it complicated?
Helmut
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

Hammer,

Sorry man, I apologize for missing this post. Mapping is much better and pretty easy, most of the people I fly with do a 100% custom mapping. Also Game Glass is a good idea for a ton of auxiliary controls like Quantum and system/engine management.

SC 3.7 will be a big jump from what we have now, CIG is actually adding Caves to explore and mine and a couple of other things I can't think of off the top of my head.

When you guys get a chance checkout my Discord, I started a ORG: Erebus System Survey Group (ESSG).

https://discord.gg/ndTBJ9s

I know you guys were waiting for SC to pick up steam but now is the time to get in game and BE IN FRONT of what is coming next.
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

CALLING ALL CITIZENS!!!!!

3.7 has dropped and IT IS AWESOME AS HELL!!!!
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I have the rotten luck of needing to update my gear when Everyone wants to update. My rig just wont run SC for more than an hour or two, and that's not enough time to learn this thing. Maybe when it get released I'll actually play it. Meantime, anyone else playing MWO or PlanetsideS2?