Post by Jedi Master »

I think I'm going to preorder the Hind.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ ... ules/hind/

Only $49 vs $70 price later.
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Re: Hind Preorder live--30% off

Post by Hammer »

I believe I will as well even though we never fly rotary wing.
Helmut
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

As I only have the Ka-50, and I flew SO much of it over the years, I find myself very infrequently interested in flying it.

With the Hind, and the Apache apparently a few months behind it, I think I will be interested in rotary missions again.
The Jedi Master
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I would fly the KA-50 more but the missions we play usually involve impractically long distances for helos. Heck, even in the A-10 it takes forever to get anywhere.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

There are soooooo many jets to fly. I still want to fly the F-14 with Bones, the Mirage 2000 with Hammer, then there is the F-16 once it becomes viable. I mean who has time? But, I could see myself buying the apache I suppose. I'm simply not a rotary guy.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Grifter wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 06:18
I mean who has time?
Admittedly I do! If I didn't play other types of games I'd probably be an expert on all of the DCS modules I currently own.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Both the Apache and Hind, like the F-14, have the allure of FS/BS cooperation for MP. The last "sim" that really had that was F-15 SE 3, however as the plane flew perfectly well with only one person you tended to fly in 2 planes instead. Since there were no allied flights you effectively doubled your firepower for taking on SAMs and MiGs, and there was the added issue that the BS player still had full control of the plane, so if they hit their stick or throttle they could confuse the pilot and cause a crash!

I don't know how well the AI will do occupying the other seat (we've seen the wonders and limitations of Jester and Iceman) but I'm sure having practiced players in both seats will again do better.
The Jedi Master