Any recently bought games that just didn't do it for you?

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

Any recently bought games that just didn't do it for you?

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Have you bought any PC games within the past couple of years which you really tried to enjoy and get into but it just didn't happen for whatever reason? For me it's "Steel Division II". This one really surprised me because I've had an academic interest in the war on the Eastern Front during WWII for a very long time so I figured this game would be right up my alley. Ultimately though, after several hours of watching training "how to" videos and playing some of the quick battles it occurred to me that the overall experience felt bland and flat. It's one of those things which is elusive and can't place my finger on but in the end I just wasn't having fun and was not drawn in. Here is some info on the game:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_Division_2
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Re: Any recently bought games that just didn't do it for you?

Post by Trichome »

For me it would be "Ride 4" - this game looks awesome in the video but I found the motorcycle to awkward to control using a steering wheel or controller. Played it for 15 min 4 weeks after I bought it and steam did not allow for a refund....

I was bummed out.. this looks like a cool game.

https://en.everybodywiki.com/Ride_4
Faelwolf

Post by Faelwolf »

RDR2. Loved the game, basically a survival sandbox in the Old West. But the hackers, griefers, and bullying by other players that at times bordered on psychotic drove me away.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Faelwolf wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 16:16
RDR2. Loved the game, basically a survival sandbox in the Old West. But the hackers, griefers, and bullying by other players that at times bordered on psychotic drove me away.
There's no way to play RDR 2 in purely single player mode?
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

When it comes to purchases, there is nothing that makes me sicker than when I spent $50 or more on a game only to think its just meh. So, I'm ultra careful about buying games because I hate this feeling. I also have such limited time to play so Its more of a "do I want to spend time on this new game or keep playing what I already have?" question. So, very few disappointments. Primarily I played Arma3 and XP11. That was it. My kids would encourage me to get some new game they were all playing like No Man's Sky and then after a few months they wouldn't play it anymore. I added DCS after a long time. I did get NASCAR Heat 4 and some baseball game a year or so ago. Other than that I now only dedicate my time to DCS, Arma 3 and very seldomly XP11.

After the mansplaining, to answer your question, I guess the game that I ran out of gas on was Escape from Tarkov. While it made me a better careful player at tactical shooters, I really just was spinning my wheels, getting stuff then losing it and then trying to get it again. I'd have to say that CSGO was also one that I tried but turned into more of a console game experience to me. Actually Rainbow Six Siege was another. People laying in a doorway waiting for a pixel to change at some extreme angle through a crack in the wall to shoot. All these were just kind of repetitious to me.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

RS: Siege I only played in coop mode against the AI bots. I knew that even trying to play it PvP would frustrate the hell out of me since I'd be going up against teenage players who were probably playing the game like 5-6 hours daily. No thanks.
Faelwolf

Post by Faelwolf »

PanzerMeyer wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 04:18
Faelwolf wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 16:16
There's no way to play RDR 2 in purely single player mode?
You can, but you lose a lot of the gameplay, such as roles, etc.and are straightjacketed into the story line with some extra exploring thrown in more or less. It loses it's replay value. If the publisher would eliminate the ability for the hackers and griefers to do their thing, I'd go back to playing it in a heartbeat. As it stands, the online game is just a free for all, with no real protections for PvE players, and in the case of hacking, any players at all. They recently announced they are doing nothing further with the game, so unsurprisingly, the jerks have driven enough of the player base away at this point to pretty much kill the game. Many of us tried to warn them that letting this go on would cost them money, they never did listen.

I own too many other games and software that I like, to waste the Drive space on keeping this around just for SP as well. It's a pretty hefty game!
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Thanks for that explanation Faelwolf. I've never played the RDR games so this was all new info for me.
Bronurstomp

Post by Bronurstomp »

I found that with Mechwarrior5 it was fun until it wasn't. After a while it was so similar to playing MWO against real people, I found it hard to care about the single player campaigns as I do playing with and against real people. MWO tho is still fun for me cause I dont have to think too hard what keys to hit. Its not as much fun as it was, say back in 1999. Some of you may recognize thins from Kali

<TheShortMan> lol
<TheMediumMan> hehe
<TheMediumMan> lets goto chat
<TheShortMan> now we need to wait for tall man=)
<TheMediumMan> no CH
<TheMediumMan> ok
<TheShortMan> yah=)
<(HL)Zinlu> Hails
<(HL)Zinlu> heehee
<TheMediumMan> whozat?
<(HL)Zinlu> ROFLMAOPMP
<TheShortMan> Zin
<TheShortMan> come back as tall man
<TheLongMan> Awww Man!
<TheMediumMan> hehehe
<(HL)Zinlu> LOL
<TheShortMan> then we will go to CH room=)
<TheMediumMan> really
<(HL)Zinlu> heehee
<TheLongMan> giggles
<TheMediumMan> come back Tallman
* TheMediumMan chuckles
<TheLongMan> "The" tallman
<TheMediumMan> Righto
<TheMediumMan> TheLongMan
<TheMediumMan> no
<TheMediumMan> tall
<TheMediumMan> hehe
<TheShortMan> hehe
<(HL)Zinlu> i brb
<TheShortMan> k=)
<TheMediumMan> sides are hurting
<TheLongMan> We'll seek out manly men to join our tribe
<TheMediumMan> and my cheeks ache
<TheShortMan> hehe
<TheLongMan> Feels good don't it
<TheMediumMan> I so freakin tired
<TheMediumMan> hehehe
<TheMediumMan> yeah, a;ways
<TheMediumMan> er always
<TheShortMan> hehe
<TheMediumMan> Zin
<TheShortMan> hurry up Tall Man=)
<TheLongMan> Wal*Mart?
<TheMediumMan> Eh?
<(HL)Zinlu> i hurryin
<TheLongMan> Hurry up Man!
<(HL)Zinlu> LOL
<TheLongMan> LMAO
<TheShortMan> brb in 2 sec=)
<TheMediumMan> tick
<(HL)Zinlu> brb
<TheMediumMan> tock
<TheLongMan> Brrrrrrring
<TheMediumMan> YOUUR LATE!!!!!!
<TheShortMan> hehe
<TheShortMan> sorry=)
<TheLongMan> 1 more
* TheMediumMan BONKS him on the head CLANK!
<TheTallMan> hmmm
<TheMediumMan> YOUUR LATE!!!!!!
<TheTallMan> lotta men in here
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

The best movies were in the 80’s and the best PC games came right after that. I gave up playing PC games in 2012 and have been trying to get back into over the last year, but I’m not as young as I use to be and I get tired of these new games . But on the plus side - I will never have to pay $50 bucks for a PC game again now that Steam is practically giving them away.

One of the problem I’m having lately, is that I’m playing X-Box and PS4 games on my PC with a mouse and keyboard, and those games were not meant to played that way.

Another thing is I get stressed out and start having headaches or High BP after playing some of the action packed games where I get killed over a dozen times , then get right back into it with round 14, ding - ding

Another thing is there is there’s way too many games these days - to sit down try them all out. Well for me anyway.. since I’m still getting caught up.

Another thing is I thought the game Everspace was a complete let down at the time. So I removed it from my Steam account. Later I found it was still installed on my PC- so I started playing it again For Free! And now I’m not so upset with the game anymore… but I hardly play it because it’s slow going and I’m not that impressed with it. :)
Modify my post and see if I care - We're in the pipe 5 by 5