I'm a Lego Nerd

Projects, "toy" collections, etc.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Cr33p3r

Re: I'm a Lego Nerd

Post by Cr33p3r »

I bet bones is wanting that F14!

I found a brick Mi24 online. it was only $600.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Cr33p3r wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 10:02

I know all you smart engineers are rich so that should be no problem. PDT_Armataz_01_12
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Cr33p3r wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 10:02
This one?.. ouch....

https://www.brickmania.com/mi-24-hind-a ... elicopter/
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Haha I don't know about rich. I can put food on the table and most of the money spenders are out of the house now spending their own money. My oldest will have a nice mortgage of school loans to pay back once he gets a real job.

Still, $600 if way too much for me to spend on Legos. I'm trying to get a 1:48 mi24 plastic model to build and seem to have an internal problem paying more than $25 for it.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

If you really wanted and had some time to invest in it, you could use this program to create your own hind and it will build a parts list and manual for you at the same time. Then you can just order the parts from Lego or bricklink as you want and put it together over time. Its a lot of work but would be cool.

Its a pretty neat program.

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/download.page
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Oh man! that's a rabbit hole I might just fall into. Next I will be buying a 3d printer to make my own lego pieces!

When i started figuring out the design/layout of my N scale model train, i ended up finding online software that helped me lay out the track to see what arrangement I wanted for the size table I was planning. Trying not to geek out too much on this. This was one screenshot (from my computer screen) but not my final layout.
nscale cad layout.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Cr33p3r wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 04:24

Still, $600 if way too much for me to spend on Legos.

I know what you mean. I feel the same way about clothing or jewelry of any kind. I refuse to pay more than 50 bucks for a pair of shoes or 70 bucks for a wristwatch. PC hardware though is a different matter...
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Thanks Grifter!

Next ones have arrived....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Awesome! Can't wait to see it built.

Panzer: Exactly right! I'm waiting for the 3080's to come down before I eventually get one. My son is upgrading his PC and just ordered a 3060 ti GPU for $400. I think its a Ryzen 5600 Xt or something like that. he has struggled with his current PC for quite some time.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Cr33p3r wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 09:53
Awesome! Can't wait to see it built.

I'm waiting for the 3080's to come down before I eventually get one.

I wanted my Alienware PC (purchased in April of this year) to last me as long as possible so I splurged a bit to get it with the 3090. I have no regrets after seeing what kind of performance I'm getting in all my games at maximum detail settings.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

She just needs her wings.....
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

@Hammer - saw these and thought of your post.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

ha! I love that German Heer lego set!
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

She's all done...

Not sure where im gonna put this. I'm quickly running out of shelf space.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Guess, you'll have to build a shed out back.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Got my next 2....

USS Missouri
A10
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I just ordered about $90 worth of lego figures for our RPG adventures to add to the $50-70 I already spent. I will post some pics when I get the ensemble in. I am not sure I will have to run any games though - the girls just like playing with the legos themselves and make up their own adventures and rules.

i did order from ali express, all lego compatible. IF i could find the same stuff as official lego, it would run $300+ easy.
Helmut
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

I hadn't thought to check Ali Express - good call. Definitely some saving there. I also have a couple extra lego characters I'd be more than willing to ship down to you if you want them. I'm not going to use them and if your girls will then beats them sitting here in a bag. Just let me know....
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

A10 is done... little disappointed on the lack of effort put into the gun but it was a fun build overall.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Trichome, cool. I am sure they would appreciate it.
Helmut