What's your game of the year?

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

What's your game of the year?

Post by PanzerMeyer »

The only requirement is that the game must have been released in 2022.

By FAR, I give the trophy to ELDEN RING. Not only is this my game of the year for 2022 but it's the best fantasy RPG I've ever played. This has unseated Skyrim for me.

Honorable mentions go to:

Sniper Elite 5
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
Dying Light 2
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Re: What's your game of the year?

Post by Grifter »

FromSoft is easily one of the most innovative game companies in the industry. Love their stuff. Looking forward to playing Elden Ring, eventually. Still need to play Dark Souls III. I wish they would port Demon Souls to PC.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Speaking of Dark Souls, I just bought the remastered version on Steam yesterday and I started to play it. I can DEFINITELY see the gameplay and stylistic similarities to Elden Ring.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Yeah FromSoft has literally created that genre. Must have extremely difficult game play, death is uncompromising and will happen, patience is rewarded, must have a roll mechanic, little to no jump mechanic, must have a parry mechanic.