Everspace

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker939

Everspace

Post by Falker939 »

I actually liked playing the Freelancer PC Game released by Microsoft in 2000 , that was always pretty cool to explore space , dock at space stations , cruise around planets and pick up new weapons when you blow away another space pirate. Many space gamers out there were disappointed there wasn’t a follow-up. Now here we are many years later and I would say Everspace is much like Freelancer in many ways - Yes you can warp to another star system and shot it out with other spaceships.

Everspace 1

Since players can pilot their ships with agility on each axis, a HOTAS configuration is not considered optimal
Last edited by Falker939 on 24 May 2022, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
Coming around for a seven zero niner... Were in the pipe 5 by 5
Falker939

Re: Everspace

Post by Falker939 »

Everspace 2
I hear Everspace2 almost ready for 2023. It has improved graphics and a lot of people are all excited about it!

Everspace 2 supports mouse and keyboard, gamepad, and flight stick inputs. If you've got a flight stick, it goes without saying that that's the best way to play.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I no longer play Elite Dangerous so I may consider this game. I'll check out the video.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

It’s a single player space game with rich space scenes and lots of space combat . I would say this is more my kind of flight simulator, and I like the idea I can use my HOTAS ( hands on throttle-and-stick ) or my mouse and keyboard... I dig that video and can’t wait to get started! So I went back to Steam and found there is a Demo you can DL – Sweet! :)

Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Cruising around Planet RHODIA , I hit the travel drive and can’t put on the Brakes! Then I found I have to hit F Key to travel to the planet and drop down into orbit, where I became under fire right away.. And you know.. some of these keys have multiple uses . Mostly the F key can be used for several things. I tried to hook up my HOTAS but it's not recognized in this demo version , either that or I’m an Idiot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Interesting... It’s not exactly Freespace 2 - such as... the monologues are not that great , Yes you can dock your ship at the space stations to reload- buy or sell inventory. But you can't walk into the bar and talk to AI people. And even though the price just went up a bit, I decided I’m going to buy the game on Steam anyway because this old guy is finally getting the hang of it! Now I’m starting to get into new weapons , new shield generators , Nanorobotics that will repair my ship hall and all new enemies that will give my ship a pounding if I’m not fully equipped to deal with them. Plus there is a whole galaxy out there to explore.. I’m also looking forward to getting an updated ship that kicks ass all the time - and from what the techs said at Rockfish Games, my flight stick will work in the full version of Everspace 2, which is a must have if I’m going to get the full potential of playing this game.

Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

I could not get my ThrustMaster Flight Stick to work with this game. It would not move from side to side , and when I hit the fire button, the controls locked up every time. Then I would need to shut the game down and restart it to try it again another way. Each time…. it did the same thing , and I could not use my Flight Stick. Beyond that there was too much going on to keep up with the Mouse and Keyboard. The key bindings are not set up properly and it was hard to keep up when 2 enemy ships and 3 drones would attack , take out my shield and pound away at my ships hall , my laser would lose power , so I would have to pause the game to switch to another primary weapon and the get back into the battle. And when all else fails, I hit the booster to get away from combat. But that didn’t always work when the enemy ships were in hot pursuit. All this in just the first solar system gave me the idea that it was only going to get harder as I traveled the galaxy. Which is fine , but without my Flight Stick it’s next to impossible to keep up - so I decided to pull the plug and get a refund while I could. B.T.W. the original Freespace was better thought out in several ways. Here we are over 20 years later with a second rate replica of Freelancer (which is all this game has going for it ) , and you would think they would have worked out the bugs out by now.

Other Thoughts: Just to be sure - I loaded up another Flight Simulator game and my HOTAS is working just fine. Steam forum has a thread about HOTOS problems and some have said their HOTAS works great with Lunix , which leads me to believe Everspace may have Windows 10 issues.
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

While I was I was going through the Everspace reviews I found a new concept called Scaling that has a lot of pilots upset about it . So it’s no wonder the game was getting harder and near impossible to win in a space dog fight, because no matter how good your ship is equipped , the enemy ships are always equal to , or better equipped then your ship. And that’s no fun when you’re only in the first solar system and haven’t even gone through the jump gate yet. Of course you could always update the shields and armor at the next solar system , but then so would enemy when they are the scaling your same level .

And they set traps most of the time such as... when you take on two enemy fighters it gets hard enough to stay alive , but then suddenly 3 more enemy ships pop up and now you have 5 ships that are just as good or better than your own fighter. I found this very frustrating having to pull out all the stops and then limp my ship back to base to reload - if I was lucky enough to make it. Well it’s a shame , just when I was starting to get the hang of it , it’s already time to move on - and look for something else. :/
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Steam is have an %80 percent off sale for the Holiday on hundreds of PC games.

I picked this back up again for less than $5 bucks this time. Some people say the like the game even though they cannot get their Hotas to work with it. I also heard some say the game will crash after about 43 hours of game play. But since I haven’t even left the first solar system or been through the jump gate yet , I thought I would pay to see what’s on the other side. Maybe a better ship , with better shields that might make this game worth the $5 bucks I paid for it haha